
I hope you all have lots of good little ghoulies and ghosties tonight. I can't say there will be a lot of that here, with no children on the base and all. As a matter of fact, except for a couple of pumpkins on briefing slides and the staff at the DFAC wearing giant, orange Halloween hats, today has been pretty much like any other day here in Baghdad.
We seem to have turned the corner on heat with daytime highs only reaching into the upper 80s. We received our mandatory winter safety warning e-mails the other day so good ole Jack Frost must be right around the corner! I'm still having a hard time imagining this place as other than hot and dusty so I'm actually looking forward to this mythical rain everyone keeps talking about. But the days now are actually pleasant, with regards to temperature, and tonight would be perfect for trick or treating.
The only other big news is a Fair Winds and Following Seas to "Grease" of "The Landlocked Sailor Blog." I saw him at our last meeting together tonight and he will be headed home to his family for keeps in a few days. I really only was around him once a week at our Wednesday meeting, but since he was my first glimpse into the land of the Individual Augmentee in Iraq, I feel like I know him as well as I know anyone here. In fact, I think my mom sends him more e-mail than she sends me! Thanks for all you've done here Grease and have a safe trip home! We've got it now!
Cheers, Pearl