Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Phenomenon

A couple of days ago, I saw this:



I wasn't sure what to make of it. Perhaps, something had gone wrong but I thought I'd ask some questions first. Turns out, what I was seeing were these things called "CLOUDS."

Interesting.

Clouds.

I had to look them up on the internet. Apparently, when enough moisture builds up in the air, the moisture condenses into these things. Odd.

But there's more. It seems that these clouds can continue to build up moisture and eventually some of that moisture falls to earth. This is called, "RAIN."

Learn something new every day.

(On a slightly more serious note, no kidding I took a picture because these were the first clouds I'd seen since I left the States. And, according to the weather guessers, late October and early November mark the beginning of the rainy season here. We haven't even had a hint of rain but I understand rain makes a big sandy country into a big muddy country. I can hardly wait.)

Cheers, Pearl