Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sad Days in River City

Well, I guess it was everything a championship game should be, back and forth, lead changes, dramatic come-from-behind, and overtime.  It was everything it should be except the Tigers lost to the Jayhawks that is.  It is more tough in that even with the loss, Memphis still has the best record in NCAA basketball.  Oh well.
All of that aside, it has been a great season and I have been nothing but pleased to watch it unfold even from all the way over here.  As I was running today I was struck by the fact that with every win, I noticed my day was just a little bit brighter here in the land of so many un-bright things.  Odd that something as ultimately silly as sports could have that effect, but it did for me.
So, thank you Tigers!  Thank you for a great season.  Thank you for doing something that no other team has done.  And thank you for bringing me just a little light in this awful place.  GO TIGERS GO!
Cheers, Pearl