Monday, April 14, 2008

Getting Closer

For those of you keeping up with "Griff" (my relief), he's in Kuwait right now getting the last of his Army training.  He should be here by the weekend, one week of Navy class on the specifics of this job, and then he and I begin turning over this job!  Whoo hoo!  Actually, "whoo hoo" for both of us.  I am, of course, excited about getting closer to home, but Griff should also be excited about the work he's about to do and the unit with which he will work.  It's all good.
I've been meaning to tell another story but I guess I was in mourning over the Tigers' loss last week.  If you go way back to when I first arrived in Baghdad, I wrote about meeting "Grease" who was both a source of information and inspiration to write my blog.  Well, the circle is almost complete.  I received an e-mail a few weeks back from a Chief on his way over here who'd read Grease's blog and my blog for info.  AND, he's begun writing his own blog of his tour here.  He says he's not ready for prime-time just yet, but when he is, I'll certainly give a shout out and post his link.  I think it's pretty cool to have the third generation of EWO Bloggers telling our story here.  The only thing more cool will be when there are no more EWO bloggers having to tell a story at all!  Here's hoping!
Cheers, Pearl
PS - I received an e-mail from my old Chief who's now back home.  All is well, he's retired now, and should be starting a new job with Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine next week.  Plus, he sent an enchilada recipe that I can't wait to try when I get back!