Wednesday, April 30, 2008

God's Sense of Humor

If you haven't read yesterday's entry, go ahead.  I'll wait.  (You really need to just read the first paragraph).
Finished?  Good.  So, I write yesterday that there are no April showers here.  As a matter of fact, we've had quite a few dust storms and 100+ degree days.  Yesterday, in fact, we had another dust storm.  But about 30 minutes after yesterday's post I hear something odd.  It wasn't explosions of incoming rockets (which I'm sad to say isn't an "odd" sound here; it's kinda normal) or anything of the sort.  It took me a second to figure out what it was.  It was rain on my metal roof!  Rain!  Can you believe it?
This morning it was about 20 degrees cooler than it has been in a couple of weeks and it lightly sprinkled on and off for most of the morning.  Fortunately it didn't rain enough to make mud again but just enough to beat back the dust a little bit.
I'm not arrogant enough to think that God reads my blog and takes specific note of what I write.  But I do know He certainly has a sense of humor about things!
Cheers, Pearl