Here's week three of Mustache March. I have to admit, having this thing is getting old and I'm definitely looking forward to April 1st when it can come off! But, it is coming in pretty well and since I'm pushing beyond the boundaries of "within regulations" it looks even better than it otherwise would. So far no one has called my on being outside regulations but I think that might be because the Army probably thinks we can still have beards and assumes the Navy Regs are more liberal than what they can have. Sometimes it is good to be the odd duck!I trust everyone back home had a good Easter. We had our small gathering of Episcopalians/Anglicans this afternoon and walking back after the service, I was struck that here I was, in a predominantly Muslim country, celebrating the defining element of being a Christian. I have celebrated holidays in other parts of the world before, including 4th of July while on a British Colony, but still, to be here in the Middle East on Easter Day gave me pause for reflection during and after the service. I hope your Easter experience gave you pause as well.
Cheers, Pearl