Wow, I almost went a week without a post! Time seems to be flying by on my end, which is a good thing! I don't think I've been particularly busy but apparently busy enough to miss some posts. As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of some blog subjects but thinking doesn't equal action so I promise to get some of those written down about life here in the Cradle of Civilization. Anyway, on to the week of birthdays.
First, I forgot to post a Happy Birthday to my dad. I didn't forget his birthday (I did call and all that stuff - give me some credit) but I did forget to make a public big deal about it. Well, happy (late) birthday, Pop.
Second, I did remember to post a Happy Birthday wish to my mom, who's birthday is TODAY! Happy Birthday mom! I suppose it is just like on sports events. The camera zooms in, the player smiles and waves at the camera, and always says, "Hi Mom!" Kinda hard to forget mom birthdays (plus, she sent me an e-mail hinting that there hadn't been a post for a while - she wasn't trolling for a birthday post, but she's good about keeping me on track if I don't post in a while!)
Finally, today is the U.S. Marine Corps birthday. Happy birthday to all you Devil Dogs in our sister sea service.
I lied, one more paragraph so this one is really finally. It is interesting to see how perspective is truly relative. My brother had to evacuate his house during the fires out in California. He and my sister-in-law are fine and are back home but the fire did get pretty close. Anyway, I wrote him while he was moving from his office into a hotel, expressing concern and told him I was thinking and praying for him. His response was, "Well, at least I'm not getting shot at!" Even with a massive conflagration moving toward his neighborhood, his thoughts were of me while I was thinking about him. I guess that's brothers for you! Glad you're safe Bro!
Still looking for the mythical rain I've heard about. Cheers, Pearl