Well, this morning was full of good news for me.
First, I finally have an itinerary to get back home and should arrive in Memphis in the mid-afternoon on December 24th! I'm going to have quite a long couple of days getting out of here and getting there, but still, it's progress. My next blog entry should be from the Atlanta airport or even from home.
The second bit of good news is my #2 Tigers beat #5 Georgetown in basketball by 14 points (85-71) yesterday (last night for me so I didn't see the game). Whoo hoo! Looks like this team is living up to the hype and is set for one of their best starts in team history.
Not a bad way to begin my day. The unfortunate part of my day is still to come however as we begin the long, tedious process of customs, briefings, and just plain waiting around. To ensure no contraband gets back home from here, we begin our isolation process 12 hours before our flight. I only have a small carry on bag so customs shouldn't be too painful but from what I hear, this is the kind of inspection where they look through every item in your bag as well as x-ray and metal detect. I can't wait! However, at this point, going through such indignities means I'm one step closer to heading home.
Cheers, Pearl