Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Bro!

Well, another year has passed and my little brother is still trying to catch up to me. Happy Birthday there little Bro! I sure hope you skipped work and went fishing or something equally frivolous today. Your birthday present is on the normal brother timeline which means I'll probably buy it and give it to you when I get back from Iraq next year. I wouldn't want to set any new standard and get you something on time or any nonsense like that! Seriously, I do hope you have a great birthday and next year we can celebrate with two lines in the water and a cooler full of cold beer.

In addition to it being my brother's special day, I received a key to my permanent trailer today! Whoo hoo! I should be moving in tomorrow and I'll post some pictures once I'm settled in. It might be a few days before I can post though as I don't think the Internet is working there yet and posting to blogs is blocked from my work computer. But, regardless, I'll work something out before too long.



Finally (it was a banner day today) I received my first mail - another whoo hoo! When I came back from my morning meetings there were four boxes on my desk. Three were from Elizabeth and one was from Margaret Anne. Thanks so much! I left almost all of the candy and munchies in the office so others could help me graze. I'm glad the U.S. Postal Service doesn't charge postage by the calorie!

A pretty fantastic day for a Monday I must say. And again, Happy Birthday Bro!

Cheers, Pearl